Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 20 And Hilarious Page

Day 20: A song you listen to when you're angry
The Cave by Mumford and Sons


This song, and the band actually are perfect for all occasions and all emotional states. This one reminds me to calm down and "find strength in pain" as they say.

Plus new page based on a pretty funny story.
So as you can see, my previous blog post was all about Shumka camps where I'm working this summer (as I did last summer). So you should also know that Shumka is a professional Ukrainian Dancing company (who is actually going on tour to China in about 2 weeks) and they host dance camps in the summer. I was working at overnight camp at the lake when a little girl hurt her knee badly enough that we had to drive her to the hospital. When we got there, the doctor automatically assumed that myself and James (the other counsellor) were her parents, even though we're both WAY too young to have an 11 year old child. So we had a good laugh and even took a "family" picture.





This is actually the picture our "darling child" drew for me in the hospital.  She is quite the artist, and I like to think she got that from me :P

No comments:

Post a Comment