Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Three

So looking at a lot of scrapbook blogs lately (especially American Crafts) and I've noticed that quilts can provide a lot of inspiration for a page. I decided to give it a try and went and pinned all the cool quilt images I could find. I really loved how bright and cheerful this one was and I just loved the colours. 

I was planning on scrapping these pictures separately but they just seemed to work better together. And I love how the orange and red I pulled from the quilt picture can actually be found in the orange stripe on my sweater and the red mittens and Rachels red shirt. Not the typical colour scheme for a winter layout but I love how it turned out. 

I made the paper rosette by hand (not actually very difficult, just takes patience and tiny folds so it fits under a page protector) and then glued on the scalloped brown circle with a lighter brown punched flower and a number "3" Thicker. It looks really wrinkly because my dad hid my hot glue gun and I had to use white glue which soaked through the paper and made it indent. Next time I'm letting it dry upside down. 

The journalling is all done on my old typewriter and stitched on the page.

And just a close-up of the paper strips and the stitching.

Overall I'm really happy with how my layouts are turning out lately, I think I've kind of begun to find a style I like and a lot of inspiration to draw from. 



1 comment:

  1. love your layout! love the colors you use for winter--thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete