Last weekend we went over to visit some family friends, whose dog just had 6 adorable puppies! Well she had them 9 weeks ago but this was the first time we got the chance to see them. So this will be a pretty picture heavy post, but I promise they're all super adorable!
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Being 18 is something that I'm really looking forward to, but kind of am apprehensive about at the same time. There are so many more responsibilities to consider and when I was young I always thought that I would feel older at this stage in my life. I still feel like a kid sometimes, almost too sheltered from the crazy world that's out there. So here's a list of things that I thought (as a kid) that I would have done by the time I was 18 (and please don't judge, no matter how ridiculous some of these things are)
1) Have my drivers license. I just never got around to it I suppose. I have my learners and I've driven a car before (with mixed results) but I'm completely comfortable with taking the bus. Although I suppose if my dream of owning a Dodge Challenger is ever going to come true I better learn how to drive it.
2) Get a job other than just a summer job. Now don't get me wrong here, a summer job is still a job, and it still brings in money, but I look at a bunch of the people around me and it seems as if they've passed some sort of right of passage by getting a job during school that I never got to. However now that I'm in University and have 4 labs this semester, I'm totally not going to be applying for any jobs soon.
3) Have a boyfriend. Yeah that one still hasn't happened, though so far it's been by choice and not due to an unfortunate lack of interest.
4) Become one of those incredibly old looking "university students" that they have on all the TV shows. Yup, I'm still awkward and clumsy occasionally and don't feel quite as graceful and beautiful as those actors look on all the shows. But then I remember they hire 25 years olds to play 16 year olds on TV and I don't feel so bad about it.
5) Get drunk. Yeah, I never had the interest really. I was usually the one beside my friend trying to sober her up before her mom came to pick us up. I would have been the DD if I actually drove... haha.
So those are my birthday thoughts of the year. I'm definitely excited, nervous, happy, apprehensive, plain old scared and totally jacked about this all at the same time, but I'm sure it will be one heck of a ride.